Every child deserves optimal care and support from loving parents unfortunately situations such as abuse, abandonment or death tends to make this impossible.
Thankfully, with the help of orphanages, thousands of disadvantaged children have been able to get back on their feet through the rehabilitation and reformation provided by these centres.
In this post, we’ll learn everything we need to know about the orphanages in Lagos which have been at the centre of these humanitarian activities.
List of orphanages in Lagos
First, let’s take a look at some of the popular orphanages.
Little Saints Orphanage
This a reference point when it comes to orphanages in the country. The centre was established in 1994 and has grown since inception into four branches spread across Lagos. Often times, couples looking to adopt children find Little Saints as an excellent place for adoption. In fact, it is a well known fact that all their babies at the orphanage are often adopted within a few months.
Heart of Gold Children’s Hospice
This is another unique centre of care for not only orphans but children with special needs. The centre was established in 1990.
Living Fountain Orphanage
This orphanage was founded by Lady Betty Obieri. The centre provides support to disadvantaged children not just in Lagos but all around the world.
SOS Children Home
This is another humanitarian centre that provides family based care, strengthening programme and education to disadvantaged children. SOS works with individuals and organization to sponsor children, families and even villages.
Love Home Orphanage
This orphanage is product of the Real Woman Foundation which was founded by Nike Adeyemi as a result of her passion to transform the lives of girls in the community. The orphanage caters for abused and abandoned children and enables these children get quality education while reintegrating them into the society.
House of Mercy Children’s Home
This home was founded in 2006 with the aim of assisting boys and girls living under the Adeniji Adele Bridge in Lagos. These children were provided with free meals, clothing, drugs and counseling by the foundation. However, the centre has since expanded its outreach to meet the needs of homeless children in other parts of Lagos. In fact, House of Mercy has gone on to set up homes for homeless boys and girls and the centre also distributes insecticide-treated nets to needy and vulnerable children in Lagos.
Overall, we’ve compiled a full list of the registered orphanages in Lagos.
- Arrows of God Orphanage: 4, Joyce Balogun Street, Oke Ira-Nla, Ajah, Lagos.
- Bales of Mercy Orphanage Home: 14, Ajayi Street off Jimoh Oladehinde Bus-stop, Ifako-Gbagada.
- Bola Mofo Zion Shelter: 22, Nelson Cole Avenue Iju-Agege.
- Centre For Destitutes’ Empowerment: 8, Makanjuola Close, Idimu, Lagos State.
- Children Centre: 11/13, Ojerinde Street, Behind Luth, Idi-Araba, Lagos.
- Citadel Of Grace Mission: 3, Moses Edike Street, Off Omo Ariyo Street, Olowo Ila Bus Stop, Lasu-Igando Road, Igando, Lagos.
- Compassionate Orphanage: 6, Ijaiye Street, Greenland Estate, Idowu Egba Bus Stop, Isheri-Lasu Expressway, Igando, Lagos.
- Friends of Jesus Orphanage: 5-7, John Okoh Street, Off Unity Road, Boadore, Ajah, Lekki.
- Hearts Of Gold Children’s Hospice: Plot 75 Alhaji Masha Road Onilegogoro, Surulere Lagos State
- Hepzibah Homes: Ibereko, Badagry; RCCG (Tree Of Life), 78, Marine Road, Apapa.
- Heritage Homes Orphanage: 45, Faramobi Ajike Street, Anthony, Lagos.
- House of Mercy Children Home: 44 Adebambo Street, Off Orelope Street, Egbeda, Lagos
- Lagos State Motherless Babies’ Home: 1, Kenneth Agbakuru Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
- Little Angels’ Orphanage: 1A, M. A. Oke Str., Isheri-Iyana Iba Road, Opposite Diamond Estate, Isheri, Lagos State.
- Little Saints’ Orphanage: Strong Tower House, 6b, D’alberto Road, Palmgrove Estate.
- Living Fountain Orphanage: Plot 22, Oba Yusuf Abiola, Oniru, Victoria Island.
- Love Home Orphanage: 7b, Jubilee Road, Magodo GRA, Lagos.
- Missionaries of Charity (Mother Theresa): 117, Demurin Street, Alapere, Ketu.
- Motherless Babies’ Home: 1, Kenneth Agbakuru Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lekki.
- Nigerian Red Cross Society Motherless Babies’ Home: 2, Makoko Road, Adekunle, Yaba.
- Olive Blooms Orphanage: Dunmoye Street, Off Saliu Obodo Avenue, Oke Ira Nla, Ajah, Lekki.
- Peculiar Saints Orphanage: 1, Olatobire Turner Close, Seaside Estate, Badore Road, Ajah, Lekki.
- Precious Pearls Orphanage: 1b, Ramoni Owoyemi Str., Orelope, Egbeda, Lagos State.
- O.S Children’s Home:Isolo Road, Isolo, Lagos.
- Sought After Women And Children Foundation: Plot 3 Ronke Aiku Close, Addo Owode, Ajah, Lekki.
- Tunji Adebayo Motherless Babies’ Home: Tunji Adebayo Close, Fagba, Iju Road, Iju, Lagos.
- Vigilant Heart Orphanage Charitable Society: 7, Nicole Balogun, Igbo Efon, Off Lekki-Epe Expressway.
Please also leave a contact phone number for each home for ease of booking an appointment, and making enquiries about visiting and offering assistance.
Please I will need the phone numbers of those orphanage homes so that I can speak with them. Thanks.
Same problem with the ones listed above……
Please I want to know if this orphanage is registered”BRAINYKID FOUNDATION”
Please can i have a contact number for little saints orphanage
Our is Key and Lock Affairs Locksmiths training center in Lagos Nigeria. We are starting our free Locksmiths training for any children or adults in the orphanage or motherless home across Lagos State.Any center in Lagos State that is interested should contact Mr Joshua on 08033373691.
pls I need the phone number of anyone along Ajah pls